সোমবার, ৮ জুন, ২০০৯

Music Check for June 8, 2009

Music is my passion. oh what am I saying, music is my survival factor--can't live without it. When it comes to this wonderful heavenly blessing, I tend to get a little adventurous and explorative. Here's the new stuff I've come across recently:
Band: Pop Evil
Album: Lipstick on the Mirror
Song I Loved: Another Romeo & Juliet
This is a post-grunge band with a refreshing new sound. The guitar work is pretty nifty, as well as the vocals (shocker!). The songs are quite upbeat and powerful, so check them out ASAP.

Band: Zebrahead
Album: Broadcast to the World
Song I loved: Karma Flavored Whisky
Oh crud. This band...is awesome. Period. They incorporate so many different styles in their songs that it's simply mindblowing. They are bit of punk-rock and bit of mainstream rap, actually. Now one would think that this combi is sure to fail...but no. It's a mucho grande success. Their guitar solos= off-the-hook! The vocals= powerful and edgy. Drums= Pure rhythmic punk.

Band: Shinedown
Album: The Sound of Madness
Song I Loved: If You Only Knew
This band has songs that will simply touch your heart and captivate you.
I would compare them to bands like Skillet, Staind, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback, 12 stones and such. The vocals are rough, deep, powerful and edgy; not soothing but mesmerizing. The lyrics are extremely meaningful and emotional. The songs make you feel the feeling that it has imbibed in it. They come off emotional, not overly sappy. So if you're looking for total escapade into a plethora of emotions, then this is the band for you.

That's it for now. Next week, you'll see more of my reviews and new tasty music.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন